My Elementalist Decked out in “Metal” Armor

I tend to favor the look of heavy armor in most games, and Guild Wars 2 is no exception.

Thanks to the extensive skinning and dye system, I was able to find light armor pieces that look like metal armor for my Elementalist :)

ele-char-select-screen-closeup

Posted in Elementalist, Guild Wars 2
25 comments on “My Elementalist Decked out in “Metal” Armor
  1. B says:

Well, now I know who to run from in WvW :-P

B :

Well, now I know who to run from in WvW :-P

:D

I know you’re joking but I don’t recommend running from a D/D Ele unless you’re close to somewhere safe or can gap them. They’ll whittle you down on the run.

• Aaron says:

Exactly. I play Guardian and I meet D/D Eles head on. “Stand your Ground!” and properly timed shield knockbacks. It’s a fight of attrition that can go either way, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to try to run. That’s a fool’s errand.

2. Dorohero says:

Look at armor from dungeon Honor of the waves, that one doesnt look like light armor either :).

3. daniel4ing says:

Ed, the only blue warrior with white hair. You could spot him a mile away… atleast this will make him blend in a liiiiiitle bit more :)

4. rob w says:

I like that look a lot. Does this mean we can look forward to some ele builds in the near future?

5. Zederok says:

Just curious, does the D/D elementist require constant attunement switching to prosper? I have never been a big fan of constantly switching in/out of attunements like some of the video’s ive seen about elementists, aesthetically speaking I love the look of Fire and during Beta I don’t think I ever switched out of Fire on my D/D ele then hehe.

Zederok :

Short answer: yes.

The “Tanky DPS” spec I run had 30 points in Arcane, and with the traits you get boons from frequent attunement swaps.

I had to remap part of my keyboard to play Ele, as I previously had the profession skills on ZXCV, but that was not comfortable so I had to move those to ASFG (D is Dodge).

6. Yamirashi says:

Very nice look. Not sure where most of those come from but I recognize at least one piece. The Vigil leg slot there I’m using on my new Necro. Was a bit of trouble to get since I went Priory, but I like the look :P

Can’t wait to hit 80 with this 3rd toon, hopefully it’ll finally be able to “fit” for me, at least in conjunction with my Guardian and Thief I should be able to cover any play style I was looking for

Yamirashi :

Chest: Winged Tunic (level 65)
      Legs: Vigil
      Gloves: Vigil
      Boots: Masquerade (lower than level 65 I think)

• Yamirashi says:

Interesting that you are hiding your shoulders, I don’t see a lot of people do that in this game but it fits your look nicely. Saves on transmute stones as well. If I wasn’t using the shoulders from the “Dry Bones” set Chad links below on my Necro I might look into doing the same. That looks just works too well for a Necro :P

7. Chad Jacquay says:

Are we doing a show and tell? I found this look for my Ele’y.

FYI I’m also on BG, but I work 2nds, so I’m only on in the mornings.

8. Flagello says:

Very nice can you tell me which pieces of armor you use?
    Thanks

• Yamirashi says:

He already posted it above, I mentioned the Legs were Vigil and he replied with:

Chest: Winged Tunic (level 65)
      Legs: Vigil
      Gloves: Vigil
      Boots: Masquerade (lower than level 65 I think)

9. daniel4ing says:

You still need to sign up for our forums when you get the chance Taugrim, you’ll be able to read Melanin’s opinion on builds and what he is playing.

10. Dirk Pitt says:

I am complete noob about armor / weapon skinning in GW2….

So buy the armor for the stats and then men can buy the skinning for it from the Auction House?

11. Nazgrim says:

Considering the heavy armour aesthetic, check out this getup: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/70047-mix-matching-armour/page__st__300#entry2127559