This video is my first look at the Warrior class in Structured PVP from the April 27-29 Beta Weekend Event.
I discuss Warrior mechanics with two weapon setups:
- Axe/Axe and Rifle
- Greatsword and Sword/Axe
Here are recommendations for abilities:
- Of the 3 healing abilities, Mending seems to be the most useful, based on the short 20-sec cooldown. The passive regeneration from the Healing Signet (~180 every 3 seconds) does not offset the downside of the long 40-sec cooldown, and once you activate the Healing Signet you lose the passive regeneration
- Of the 3 elite abilities, Signet of Rage seems to be the best choice due to the long 30-sec duration of the 3 buffs
- Endure No Pain is a solid utility ability that is not heavy on defense/shield; the 5-sec invulnerability can buy time for your heal to come off cooldown or for you to finish an opponent
- If your spec lacks a charge, consider picking up the utility ability Bull’s Charge, which provides a knockdown effect
Here are recommendations for traits for any spec:
- Embrace the Pain trait (builds adrenaline when hit) rocks
- Heightened Focus synergizes well with Embrace the Pain, since your crit % jumps up to 9% with a full adrenaline bar
Please share your feedback, questions, and tips.
For more Guild Wars 2 content, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Twitter.