This HD video is narrated footage of my 80 Protection Paladin in an Warsong Gulch battleground (queued solo) for the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, patch 3.3.5.
(Double-click on the video to see it in higher-resolution / larger screen size on YouTube)
Notes / errata:
- When healing with Flash of Light or Holy Light, you should remove Divine Plea (e.g. while casting the heal). DP cuts your direct-cast healing in half except for Lay on Hands
- I should have switched the Retribution Aura when fighting the Retribution Paladin
- You’ll notice that I didn’t put up Sacred Shield against the Elemental Shaman – the reason is Shamans often purge buffs. So I focused on timing my CC’s to shut him down
If you have any questions, feedback, or comments, please post ’em!
Here’s a link to my 58/13 PVP spec, which is commonly known as the “Jagoss” spec:
The following pieces came from PVP:
- From honor points: necklace, cloak, bracers, belt, boots, both rings, Medallion trinket, Battlemaster’s trinket
- From arena + honor points: Relentless helm, Relentless chest
- From WG: shoulders
The following pieces came from PVE:
- From VoA25: Wrathful hands, Wrathful legs
- From PVE: i264 1H sword from ICC25 (Saurfang), i219 shield from normal HoR
- From badges: libram
I just got my Friendly rep ICC ring so I may use that instead of the Relentless ring. I still need to get a good DPS trinket. The only one I have is Herkuml War Token but that is a no-no for PVP due to the buff falling off .
I just recently started experimenting in 2v2 with my Prot Paladin and still have under 100 matches total. Here are some of the comps I’ve tried with random people:
- me + Warrior: not a good comp from the Warrior’s perspective
- me + Resto Shaman: matches take a long time
- me + under-geared Rogue: my partner was too squishy
- me + Retribution Paladin: our stuns and racial silence overlap in terms of diminishing returns (DR). Ret has Repentance but the cooldown is long (1 min)
- me + Shadow Priest: functional comp, we are able to take healer/DPS comps. The Shadow Priest still has some honor point upgrades to buy and was using a PVE spec, but we won 13 out of 15 matches and earned the 10 consecutive win Hot Streak achievement: