Woot! I’ve published my first Rift PVP video:
This HD video is narrated footage of my level 15 Warrior in a PVP “battleground” in the new MMORPG Rift.
As I mentioned in the video, in Rift each class for a given spec can choose 3 out of 9 talent trees, which provides a huge amount of customization.
Here is my spec:
My particular build relies on the following synergistic mechanics:
1. some key Riftblade abilities – e.g. Fiery Burst DoT, Flamespear, etc) do not scale based on weapon damage, therefore using a 1H isn’t a significant DPS loss
2. many Riftblade abilities deal non-Physical damage, which I like, as all targets (including Plate wearers) feel equally squishy
3. it’s a reasonably durable build given that I have a shield and points in the “tank” Paladin tree
1. Build APts (Attack Points) from range using Flamespear
2. Remember that Flamespear can apply Fiery Burst
3. Make decisions on what abilities don’t synergize with your spec. For example, I use Punishing Blow instead of Righteous Blow, because PB has a larger static damage component
4. Reactive abilities often have favorable mechanics – e.g. Retaliation has a low mana cost, is off the GCD, and delivers good damage – so make sure to hotkey/macro them accordingly.
1. as I mentioned in the video at level 15 I should have 12 points in the Riftblade tree not 10
2. my friend Cas (Nathan) is a Warden not Warrior. He plays a melee healer similar to Warhammer Warrior Priest but I don’t really know any class mechanics yet aside from Warrior
Obviously I have a LOT to learn about Rift, given that I only starting playing on Feb 24th.
Stay tuned for more videos! I may eventually write a Riftblade / Paladin 1H Guide.
If you have questions/comments/feedback, post ’em!