This HD video is narrated footage of my 85 Prot Pally in Cataclysm Patch v4.0.3a in Arena 2v2 with an Enhancement Shaman, Kashmír. This is my second Arena video for Cataclysm.
We worked our way up from 1750 to 1850 rating in the 3rd week of Season 9. Our team moved up the ladder from the 600s to #213. Here’s the link to our team page, if you want to check out our gear/spec/enchants/gems/etc:
- Feral Druid / Holy Paladin
- Feral Druid / Holy Paladin (same team)
- Death Knight / Holy Paladin
- Death Knight / Restoration Druid
- Warrior / Discipline Priest
- Warlock / Holy Paladin
- Warrior / Mage
- As I discussed in the video, bridging the gap between an Enhancement Shaman’s Feral Spirit ability (a.k.a. Wolves) is to key to winning an endurance match against a DPS + Healer comp. This tactic will not work against a Warrior + Healer comp due to the Warrior’s high DPS
- To maximize the effect of Feral Spirit, Kashmír activates his PVP trinket (Badge of Conquest), casts FS, then casts Bloodlust
- For endurance fights where we are focus firing the DPS, I should have used Hammer of Justice (HoJ) stun more frequently to reduce incoming damage. The cooldown on HoJ is so long that there is no issue with Diminishing Returns (DR). However, once we’re getting close to a CC-burst sequence it’s worth waiting until we both have HoJ and Hex off cooldown
- As I mentioned in the video, if you need to heal your partner and they have a melee on them, sometimes you should create a gap before healing so that you can’t be interrupted by the melee, and if the melee decides to interrupt your cast (e.g. Warrior Intercept), they’re off your partner anyway. Force them to choose
- Check out my Prot Pally PVP Guide for the full scoop on the Prot spec
If you have questions for either me or Kashmír, please post them.