Here is my 6th Warrior PVP video, continuing as 1H Riftblade / Paladin:
This HD video is narrated footage of my level 35 Warrior in the Whitefall Steppes warfront in the MMORPG Rift. I queued for the warfront with Gaardarun, a 31 Paragon/Champion-spec’d Warrior.
I racked up 28 killing blows (a personal best) as we pulled out a victory in the last 30 seconds when Gaardarun made a clutch cap.
My intent for posting these videos is to provide helpful tips and tactics for other players of the same class / spec. That said, I do have a concern when posting a video like this, especially one where I am on a killing spree, is that they will be used as “proof” that a given class/spec is overpowered.
Before you make claims of imbalance, consider the following:
- I *do not* typically score 28 kb’s in a warfront. The norm for me is around 8-15 kb’s per match, depending on the quality and comps of players on both sides.
- I more than doubled the kb’s of two 36 Warriors *combined*:
– Buliwyf 2H 36 Warrior: 3rd damage, 11 kb’s, 5 deaths
– Nuircala 1H 36 Warrior: 5th damage, 1 kb, 7 deaths, 1 flag return
– Taugrim 1H 35 Warrior: 1st damage, 28 kb’s, 3 deaths, 1 flag return
If you remove me from the scoreboard table, there was fairly reasonable balance across DPS classes.
- Some of my opponents simply weren’t particularly skilled or geared, which made them easy targets to finish.
Here is the 1H Riftblade/Paladin used in the video:
If you are looking for my macros, check out the skeleton draft version of the Riftblade Warrior Guide.
If you have questions/comments/feedback, post ’em!