I introduce my GW2 “Legion” build for the Mesmer class, based on testing in sPvP and tournaments post-launch.
As I discuss in the video, this spec synergizes heavily on phantasms and illusions:
- Phantasms deal solid sustained direct damage, have a 72% chance to crit, and apply a bleed when they crit. Clones have a 52% chance to crit and also apply a bleed when they crit
- For each illusion, I gain 3% direct damage bonus, 3% direct damage mitigation, and a movement speed buff
- When summoned, phantasms provide allies with regeneration, which in turn grants me the protection boon for 33% direct damage mitigation
- Phantasms have +70% HP and clones have +50% HP, so the uptime for the illusions is quite high
- I get a healing bonus for each illusion when using my healing ability
After you watch the video, I recommend playing it again and keeping an eye on two specific things: a. the number of and frequency of boons that I gain in combat, and b. the solid job that the Phantasmal Disenchanter does for cleansing my conditions.
Tip from Team Paradigm:
If you’re playing a Mesmer in tourneys, in the Battle of Khylo map, you should slot Portal Entre (for “Legion” build, this replaces Signet of Illusions) and man the trebuchet, as you have the fastest travel time from the repair kit back to the trebuchet with Portal Entre and Blink.
Let me know your questions and feedback.
For more information about the latest and greatest version of the “Legion” build, see the full Guide.
For more Guild Wars 2 content, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Twitter.
If you liked the Dubstep track, check out Jakk’s channel and tell him Taugrim sent you: